BridgeNet Technology Consultants is a growing, family oriented, technology consulting firm based in Madisonville, LA. We service clients throughout the metro New Orleans area and have been in business since 2008. On a daily basis, we consult with end users, office managers, and business owners on technical and business related decisions. These encounters require the ability to troubleshoot and resolve desktop, server, network, and application issues in vastly different environments. Our customers value our partner mindset that allows us to integrate into their organization to support end users, complex new installations and upgrades and day to day preventative maintenance.
The Systems Consultant position is responsible for fielding incoming help desk calls, helping end users with technology issues and providing onsite support and project implementation for our customers.
Serious candidates should exhibit the following skill sets:
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– Superior customer relationship skills
– Phone Rapport – speak with and engage end users requesting support
– Self-starting spirit
– Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Server technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, RAID setup and troubleshooting, and Server 2008/2012 administration
– Five years (advanced knowledge) of PC troubleshooting skills including Virus Removal, Windows OS, hardware repair/diagnostics and mainstream applications
– Baseline understanding network services, IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, Firewall Rule Sets, VOIP
– Problem solving ability to quickly solve issues that are identified
– Expert understanding of Windows Server environments and Active Directory
– Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
The job description includes but is not limited to the following:
– Travel to client sites to troubleshoot myriad technology issues
– Remote support to clients over the phone
– Installing windows desktop operating systems
– Configuring application and server upgrades
– Troubleshooting Microsoft desktop applications
– Maintaining active directory environments and group policy configurations
– Configuring computers for domain connectivity
– Troubleshooting network/systems/application outages and Internet connectivity
– Repairing hardware in workstations and laptops
– Support various client/server line of business applications
– Deploying and integrating wireless networks in large, complex environments
– Support VoIP phone systems
– Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the company operations manual
– Attend weekly meetings and present status updates on projects and clients along with performance to goals
– Inspire, motivate, support and hold team members accountable to the company culture
– Report daily, weekly and monthly KPI’s as defined
– Team player that strives to grow the company as well as the people you work with
Primary duties include:
– Maintain highest level of integrity when interfacing with customers
– Provide unparalleled customer service when diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing or upgrading customer equipment
– Support and maintenance of customer network and server systems including but not limited to OS and hardware updates, user and group policy object audits and initial diagnosis of various technology issues
– Improve customer technical library as well as customer installation and recovery procedures for various software and hardware
– Maintain, direct and expand customer alert system
Secondary duties include:
– Document product offerings
– Develop product materials and training programs for supported products and services.
– Hone technical skills for added responsibilities as they relate to customer base
– Participate in internal projects to improve customer experience and maintain industry excellence
Employees are expected to have reliable transportation and be willing to travel 1-2 hours each way per day.
Dress is business casual.
Our focus on customer operations calls for the occasional weekend work, staying after-hours to complete a job, or early morning phone call. However, we are family focused and try to maintain an 8a-5p workday as often as possible.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and based upon individual performance and initiative. Bonuses are paid quarterly in conjunction with regular quarterly performance evaluations. Base salary of $30-42k plus a potential 20% bonus.
Please reply to this ad via email with cover letter and resume.